Tuesday, January 22, 2008

One Down, Two to Go!

There are several reasons that I started this blog and I think it’s about time that I start focusing my posts on those reasons. The main reason is to document some personal goals I would like to work towards this year and I think this blog would be an excellent way to document my progress.

One is to get back into fixing up our house. We moved in to our home in May of 2006 and made a lot of headway in the home improvement department until I had the baby in April 2007. Since then, we’ve been a little stagnant at getting things done and I’m hoping that by writing out my goals I can better keep track of what I want to get done and also have a place to store my decorating ideas and brainstorms. First up is the master bath transformation, which I will post about later. This is probably the biggest house project we’ve taken on so far but boy has it made a difference!

Another personal goal I am working towards this year is getting back into pre-baby shape. There is a pair of Seven for all Mankind jeans sitting in the back of my dresser drawer that I simply adore but still cannot button. Oh, I miss how nice they make my butt look! The jeans I have right now, one Gap and one Joe’s Jeans, are okay, but not as butt-flattering as this old favorite pair of mine! I realize that pregnancy may have permanently changed the shape of my butt and I may never really fit into those jeans again. But, if I can make it to the gym at least 3 times a week, continue to eat healthy, and at least loose the last 5 pounds of baby weight in the next 3 months, and still find they don’t fit, I’ve promised to reward myself with a shopping trip to Nordstrom’s to buy a new pair. I also want to get back into shape to start trying for baby #2. I know this sounds counter-intuitive, because why work so hard to loose weight when you are planning on getting pregnant and guaranteeing yourself at least a 30 pound weight gain? After having baby #1, I was able to loose the majority of the baby weight without really being committed to going to the gym on a regular basis and I think this is due to the fact that I was in pretty good shape prior to conceiving baby #1. (I am also convinced that these last 5 pounds are the 5 pounds that I put on during the ONE week that I was overdue. Seriously, I weighed 5 more pounds at my appointment on Friday than I did at my appointment 5 days earlier on Monday. While this caused me to TOTALLY freak out, my doctor assured me this was normal and perfectly okay.) Several women have told me how it only gets harder after each child to loose those extra pounds so I would personally like to be as healthy as possible before conceiving #2. My husband and I have learned the hard way that things don’t always go as planned so if for some reason baby #2 doesn’t happen exactly when we would like, then at least I feel good about myself and my health.

I hope to keep adding to this list. For today, I will tell you that it took every last ounce of energy I had last night to drag myself to the gym. I had a decent workout and I felt much better afterwards. So much better, I ended up whipping up a pot of my favorite turkey chili recipe for dinner. It’s amazing how going to work out can make you feel more energized afterwards, which is actually a great motivator for me! So yay for me, one trip to the gym this week with another planned tonight.

On another topic, this morning was one of those mornings that was difficult to leave the baby at daycare. She was so happy and giggle-ly this morning, she even waved to me as I was leaving. If it wasn’t so damn snowy this morning, I probably would have spent my ride to work crying instead of worrying about all the other stupid drivers on the road.

2 comments:

SLynnRo said...

With the working out, you just gotta keep at it. I've been a consistent gym goer for 10 years now, and I still have to drag my ass there half the time. It gets easier, and it is so worth it.

chellie said...

Yep, just trying to get back into the swing of it, thanks for the encouragment!