Thursday, January 24, 2008

When seeking a second opinion on paint colors, don't ask your color-blind husband

All 20 minutes of my free time each evening has been spent on the walls in our master bathroom. First, the hideous wallpaper had to GO. It was shiny and silver and had lots of little birds on it. Then, the walls and ceiling (yes, the shiny wall paper was also on the ceiling) had to be primed. Next step, paint the walls, finally! Except I started painting last night and decided that the color does NOT match. The color itself is actually very pretty but its just not a good match with the tile. Now we have to pick out a new paint color and decide what to do with the 2 quarts of "Oklahoma Wheat". I'm thinking that I will save it to paint our closet when I reorganize it next month. I realize it sounds totally crazy to paint a closet but guess what, there's ugly wallpaper in there too that MUST GO.

So the home improvement project for this weekend is to get new paint for the bathroom and finish that project already!!

Switching gears, last night the baby was happy to show us how she learned to crawl on all fours. It was hilarious watching her finally figure out how to coordinate the arm movement with her legs. Then I cried because she's growing up so fast, and because I have to do a better job of cleaning the floors.

Finally, here's the recipe to my husband's favorite dish. He would seriously eat these every single night. I'm posting my favorite recipes with the hopes of being discovered by the Food Network.

Easy Chicken Tenders

1 package of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into little strips
Flour
Breadcrumbs
2 eggs
Milk
Olive Oil
Honey Mustard for dipping

Cover bottom of skillet with olive oil (about 2 tablespoons) and set on Med-High to High heat

I usually set this up assembly-line style as follows:

Dish #1: About 1 C flour seasoned with salt and pepper
Dish #2: 2 eggs beaten with a couple of tablespoons of milk or water
Dish #3: Bread crumbs

First cover the chicken strips in flour, then dip them in the egg wash, then coat with breadcrumbs.

Add strips to the hot pan (make sure the oil is hot, otherwise the coating on the chicken tends to come off)

Cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side, I usually watch for the breadcrumb crust to start turning golden brown. Keep adding olive oil between batches and let the oil re-heat between each batch.

No comments: